LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 2022
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
What is personal data?
We collect information about you in various forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation. Personal data includes any information that identifies you as an individual, either alone or in combination with other information we process about you, including your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
Why do we need your data?
COLLECTING YOUR DATA
Information You Give Us.
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- The personal data you provide when you register to use our Site, including your name, email address, username, and password;
- The personal data that may be contained in any comment or other submission you upload or post to the Site;
- The personal data you provide in connection with our rewards program and other promotions we run on the Site;
- The personal data you provide when you report a problem with our Site or when we provide you with customer support;
- The personal data you provide when you purchase through our Site; and
- The personal data you provide when you correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
Information from Social Networking Sites. Our Site includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites (each an “SNS”). If you link to an SNS through our Site, you authorize us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information under this Policy. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
Following SNSs might include Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Twitter.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when accessing our Site. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution. The website you visited before browsing our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use and actions on our Site. We collect this information about you using cookies.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling.
We do not use your data for automated decision-making. However, we may do so to fulfill obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies:
(1) First party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site.
(2) Third-party cookies, which service providers serve on our Site, can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
Type of cookie
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our Site and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, we will not be able to serve your requests fully. We use the essential cookies only for this purpose.
These cookies allow our Site to recall your choices when using our Site, like your language preferences, your login details, and the changes you make to other parts of our Site, which you can customize.
These cookies provide you with a more personal experience and avoid re-entering your preferences every time you visit our Site.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
These cookies collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our Site, referral websites, the pages they visited on our Site, the visited time of day, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, gather broad demographic data, and monitor the level of activity on our Site.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its cookies. We only use Google Analytics to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies.
You can learn more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Targeted and advertising cookies
These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third-party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show adverts that we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third-party websites.
If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see adverts, but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you choose to remove cookies from the companies listed above, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are on this list. You may still receive some cookies and tailored adverts from not listed companies.] You can disable cookies that remember your browsing habits and target advertising by visiting this link: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
Social Media Cookies
We use these cookies when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site. You link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website like Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
Many browsers accept cookies until you change your settings. You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help,” “tools,” or “edit” facility).
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in using our Site. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device, and you may need to log in every time you visit our Site.
We may use other companies to serve third-party promotions when you visit and use the Site. These companies may collect click stream information, browser type, time, and date. The subject of promotions clicked or scrolled during your visits to the Site and other websites to provide advertisements about goods and services likely attractive to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies’ tracking technologies are subject to their privacy policies.
USING YOUR DATA
We may use your data as follows:
- To operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services.
- To manage your account, including communicating with you regarding your account, if you have an account on our Site.
- To operate and administer our rewards program and other promotions you participate in on our Site.
- To respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- To send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- With your consent, to send you marketing emails about upcoming promotions and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt out of receiving such information: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- to process payments you make via our Site;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and that of you or others;
- for analysis and study services; and
- We may also use your data as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We may share your data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with our third-party service providers. They provide data analysis, payment processing, information technology, related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and similar services.
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites and features. This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties. These third parties have their privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features, or procedures. Please read their privacy policies before submitting any data to them, such as Amazon and Teachers Pay teachers, Google+, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
You may share personal data with us when you submit user-generated content to our Site, including via our rewards program, forums, message boards, and blogs. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our Site will become public information and be available to other users of our Site and the general public. We urge you to be very careful when disclosing your data, or any additional information, on our Site. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once published on our Site.
If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback on our Site, provided we do not associate such feedback with your data. We will collect any information contained in such feedback and treat the personal data in it according to this Policy. If you have provided your consent to do so, we may post your first and last name and your feedback on our Site.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFER
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at, and processed by us outside the country where you reside, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. You agree to this transfer, storing, or processing by accepting this Policy. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and under this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
You are using our designated right to be Forgotten form available on our website.
We will only retain your data in the following cases:
- As long as you use the Site.
- Until you close your account/cancel your subscription.
- Explicitly ask us to remove your data.
- A more extended retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).
OUR POLICY ON CHILDREN
Our Site is not aimed at children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, they should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the Sites may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- Access. You may access the information we hold about you via your profile/account or by contacting us directly.
- Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your data.
- Move. Your data is portable – i.e., you have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example, when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. In your request, please clarify: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests concerning the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request reasonably concerning any event within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or complete any transactions you began before requesting such change or deletion.
If you want to file a complaint regarding this Policy or the practices we use concerning your data, please contact us at: email@example.com.
We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can and in any event, within 30 days. We are committed to resolving any complaints about our collection or using your data.
We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention; however, if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us in writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org.